Specific eligibility criteria include the following:
- Being nominated by the dean of a fully-accredited U.S. nursing school.
- Being a registered nurse with a research doctorate in nursing or a related discipline.
- Being a junior faculty member in an accredited school of nursing with an academic position that could lead to tenure. Junior faculty are usually at the instructor or assistant professor level.
- After completing the doctorate, be in an academic position that could lead to tenure for at least two years and no more than five years at the start of the program.
- Identifying at least one senior leader in the school of nursing to serve as a primary (nursing) mentor for academic career planning and to provide access to organizations, programs and colleagues helpful to the candidate’s work as a scholar.
- Identifying at least one senior researcher in the university with similar or complementary research interests to serve as a research mentor. Applicants are encouraged to select the research mentor from a discipline outside of nursing.
- Candidates must be U.S. Citizens, Resident Non-Citizen Nationals, or Resident Foreign Nationals at the time of application and must not be receiving support from other research fellowships/traineeships at the time they begin the program.
We embrace racial, ethnic and gender diversity and encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
Please see the Nurse Faculty Scholars 2014 Call for Applications for complete eligibility and selection criteria. The applications will be due February 12, 2014.
Program Key Dates
December 10, 2013 (11:30 a.m. ET) and December 18, 2013 (2:00 p.m. ET)Optional applicant Webinars. Registration is required at www.nursefacultyscholars.org/events
February 12, 2014 (3:00 p.m. ET)Deadline for receipt of applications
Mid-April 2014Notification of semifinalist status
June 2-4, 2014Semifinalist interviews with national advisory committee
Late June 2014Notification of finalists
September 1, 2014Appointments begin
For information on the program, selection criteria or application requirements, please contact the national program office:
Phone: (877) 738-0737