Home › Prospective Scholars
Eligibility Criteria Specific eligibility criteria include the following:
- Being nominated by the dean of a fully-accredited U.S. nursing school.
- Being a registered nurse with a research doctorate in nursing or a related discipline.
- Being a junior faculty member in an accredited school of nursing with an academic position that could lead to tenure. Junior faculty are usually at the instructor or assistant professor level.
- After completing the doctorate, be in an academic position that could lead to tenure for at least two years and no more than five years at the start of the program.
- Identifying at least one senior leader in the school of nursing to serve as a primary (nursing) mentor for academic career planning and to provide access to organizations, programs and colleagues helpful to the candidate’s work as a scholar.
- Identifying at least one senior researcher in the university with similar or complementary research interests to serve as a research mentor. Applicants are encouraged to select the research mentor from a discipline outside of nursing.
- Candidates must be U.S. Citizens, Resident Non-Citizen Nationals, or Resident Foreign Nationals at the time of application and must not be receiving support from other research fellowships/traineeships at the time they begin the program.